This month, NRCA will roll out the first of its NRCA ProCertifications for
asphalt shingle and thermoplastic roof system installers, as well as a certification for roofing foremen.
NRCA's national certification initiative, NRCA ProCertification, is
designed to create a competent, sustainable and high-performing roofing industry workforce. Experienced roofing
workers can demonstrate their skills and knowledge to become certified roof system installers in specific roof system
applications and disciplines. Candidates will need to meet specific requirements and pass a series of hands-on
The goals of NRCA ProCertification are to:
- Create a career path for industry field workers
- Elevate the roofing industry to be on par with other trade professions that currently offer national
- Address the workforce shortage by making the roofing industry more appealing
- Protect consumers by providing national, professional certifications for those doing work on their homes or
- Educate consumers about the value of hiring NRCA ProCertified roof system installers
- Increase consumer confidence that workers have the knowledge and skills to perform quality roofing work
Certifications will be offered in English and Spanish and, ultimately, will be available for all major roof,
waterproofing and rooftop photovoltaic system installations plus roof system repair and maintenance.