We all make mistakes. When you make a mistake, it's important to admit it, fix it and move on. Following are mistakes some companies made and had to correct:
- A national testing service used the wrong answer key to grade an exam required for high-school graduation in Minnesota. As a result, about 8,000 students were told they failed though they passed the test. The company has agreed to pay the students as much as $7 million to settle the case.
- To launch a new product, a software company placed its logo decals on traffic signals and sidewalks. The company had to remove the decals after the city threatened to give it $50 fines for each decal.
- A major business magazine released its "Novemer" issue.
- A wireless telephone company sent a newspaper reporter a sample of its new productan innovative disposable cell phone. But the reporter received parts from another major cell phone manufacturer. The wireless telephone company had to admit it missed its release deadline.
Source: Business 2.0 as cited in First Draft, August issue.
Log in or register for FREE access to this article and other Professional Roofing online content.
Not a professionalroofing.net user?
Register now for free access
- Full access to every article
- Online Web exclusive information
- Photo gallery
- Breaking news
- Online classified ads