UL announces dual evaluation and certification programUnderwriters Laboratories (UL) and ICC Evaluation Service Inc.® (ICC-ES) have announced a Dual Evaluation and Certification Program for the building products industry that provides a streamlined approach to demonstrating compliance with the International Building Code® (IBC) and International Fire Code® (IFC).
Manufacturers of building products and systems can benefit from the program, which reportedly provides:
- Faster turnaround for the ICC-ES evaluation report and UL certification, especially when compared with obtaining them individually
- A comprehensive and collaborative framework for testing, inspecting, certifying and evaluating building products, resulting in a UL certification and ICC-ES evaluation report
- Placement in product directories on UL's and ICC-ES's Web sites
- Inclusion in UL's code correlation database, www.ul.com/regulators/codelink, which directly connects the listings with specific code sections to help in the acceptance of certified products and allow designers and installers to readily find code-complying products
- Products' ready acceptance by authorities having jurisdiction because of the nearly universal recognition of ICC-ES and UL marks
- Ability to leverage the strength of the ICC-ES and UL brands
- National and international acceptance of products wherever IBC or IFC codes have been adopted. The International Codes, or I-Codes, published by the International Code Council® (ICC), are a complete set of comprehensive, coordinated building safety and fire prevention codes. Fifty states and the District of Columbia have adopted the I-Codes at the state or jurisdictional level.
- One point of contact for manufacturers desiring an ICC-ES Evaluation Report and UL certification
- Broader exposure for building products through the network of ICC-ES and UL relationships
- Use of the ICC-ES and UL marks
To learn more about the UL/ICC-ES Dual Evaluation and Certification Program and view the Frequently Asked Questions, visit www.ul.com/fire or click here.
Date : 12/11/2009