In downtown Newnan, Ga., Coweta County Courthouse's copper domed
bell tower is difficult to miss, rising more than 100 feet with
clocks on all four sides. The neoclassical revival-style
courthouse, designed by J.W. Golucke and built in 1904, was added
to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
The building became vacant in 2006 when the Superior Court moved
to the newly constructed Coweta County Justice Center. Coweta
County voters approved a sixth special-purpose local-option sales
tax that included the courthouse's restoration. Lord, Aeck &
Sargent Architecture, Atlanta, was hired to lead the Coweta County
Courthouse renovations and restore the building to its original
Log in or register for FREE access to this article and other Professional Roofing online content.