Founded in 1926, the private Sarasota Yacht Club is located on
Florida's Sarasota Bay. Because of the property's easy access to
the Gulf of Mexico, in 1943, the U.S. government leased the club's
property for the duration of World War II for use as a U.S. Air
Force Crash Boat Rescue Base. In January 1946, the club regained
control of its property.
In 2002, the club initiated a major expansion and modernization
of its marina. Dock extensions, electrical upgrades, a new pump-out
station, new fuel and fire lines, and new security lighting
established the club's position as the premier yacht club in the
This year, a new 22,000-square-foot building replaced an
on-grade structure that frequently bore the brunt of storms. Its
roof system was constructed to Florida Building Code wind-uplift
pressures of 130 mph. All Steel Consultants Inc., Palmetto, Fla.,
installed about 23,000 square feet of Petersen Aluminum Corp.'s
PAC-CLAD Tite-Loc Plus Roofing Panels. The 16-inch-wide aluminum
panels are finished in Cool Color Silver.
The new two-story building and roof system present a striking
coastal contemporary presence on Sarasota's waterfront when passing
over the John Ringling Causeway Bridge or from nearby...
To read the article in its entirety, please log in or register (registration is free).
Log in or register for FREE access to this article and other Professional Roofing online content.