The Church of the Nativity, Episcopal, has an extensive history
in Huntsville, Ala. When its congregation organized in December
1842, the church's name was chosen because of the approaching
Christmas season. After being admitted to The Episcopal Diocese of
Alabama, the parish was officially recognized in May 1843.
In 1845, a plot of land was purchased and construction of a
church building began. In 1847, the first mass was held in the
original brick building. A second building was later constructed
alongside the first building to accommodate 500 people and
currently is the church's...
Log in or register for FREE access to this article and other Professional Roofing online content.