This position involves working with existing supervisors, estimators and supervising roofing service and maintenance crews. This position is responsible for the recruiting, training and retention of maintenance workforce. This position is located in Aurora, Ill.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains employees about safety procedures and safety equipment.
- Utilizes the proper roofing materials and equipment.
- Teaches terminology of roofing materials, tools and equipment, and proper use.
- Educates employees on everyday general roofing best practices, leak-call investigations, repair procedures, customer service relations, roof investigations and inspection techniques.
- Plans, administrates and participates as instructor in company-sponsored education programs for new hires and developing roof technicians.
- Recruits, trains, mentors and retains a dependable and knowledgeable maintenance workforce.
- Partners with the maintenance manager and other superintendents in training, retention strategy and policy with procedures to ensure consistency in repairs, maintenance and service.
- Develops and uses strong advanced planning skills for establishing maximum productivity of manpower, materials and equipment to ensure jobs start on time.
- Ensures customer expectations are met or exceeded, and hours and materials are properly expended.
Education/experience: High school diploma or equivalent; 8 to 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills. Valid drivers' license and clean driving record. Must not be afraid of heights and must be able to position extension ladder to access roof for roof inspection/survey.
- Ability to communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos well, both written and orally.
- Basic math ability and ability to compute rate, ratio and percents.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all levels of employees in a team-oriented environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; climb ladders; bend; kneel; type; and talk or hear. The employee also is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
For more information or to apply, e-mail Tania Carrara at email@example.com.
Date posted : 9/17/2012