As I was saying
Making best practices better
Many NRCA resources, such as dues dollars, go toward the development of what we like to call "best practices"—the roofing community's collective wisdom with regard to roof system design, installation and management.
The leading document of NRCA best practices is The NRCA Roofing Manual, which consists of four volumes; one volume is updated annually. It commonly is referenced by roof system designers, roof system manufacturers and a host of others. In fact, I have been pleasantly surprised to see the manual is widely used outside the U.S.
Our contribution to best practices takes other forms, as well, and we've recently released several new publications that are all intended to help elevate the industry. These include:
- A revised and expanded manual describing rooftop photovoltaic (PV) installations
- An updated manual compiling energy-related roofing codes to help contractors and designers make the most informed decisions about energy efficiency in roofing
- A compendium of the 573 construction details contained in The NRCA Roofing Manual
- A safety manual, which includes information about regulatory compliance as well as generally accepted best safety practices
These publications are not only good sources of information, but they also are part of a longer-term undertaking to make the industry more professional.
Register now for free access
- Full access to every article
- Online Web exclusive information
- Photo gallery
- Breaking news
- Online classified ads