Pump up productivity
It is easy to become overwhelmed by obligations and a heavy workload, but there only is so much you can accomplish each day. In his book Ready for Anything, David Allen recommends the following steps to improve productivity:
- As each item enters your inbox, assign an action to itrespond, forward, review, etc. Until you assign an action to an item, it merely is taking up space.
- As you assign actions to each item, record those actions on a to-do list. Otherwise, you likely will forget what you planned to do and already have done.
- Check your to-do list frequently. This will allow you to combine your actionsfor example, working on several e-mails at once rather than sporadically.
Source: Adapted from Become more productive in three simple steps as cited by The Motivational Manager, January issue
EPA revises Toxics Release Inventory rule
Register now for free access
- Full access to every article
- Online Web exclusive information
- Photo gallery
- Breaking news
- Online classified ads