Prepare for winter illnesses and absent employees
As winter hits, it is inevitable illness will strike in the workplace, whether it be a cold or the flu. However, the following steps can be taken to ensure you are prepared for sick employees and their absences:
- Make sure employees know to call as early as possible to report their illnesses. This will help you distribute the workload and find out what can be done in the person's absence.
- Have a list of people who are informed about the sick employee's duties and could take over those duties during the employee's absence. Make sure these backup people know where everything isfrom files to computer passwords.
- Make sure you are not alienating employees by punishing them for missing work. Give them opportunities to make up the missed time.
Source: The Manager's Intelligence Report, February issue.
Register now for free access
- Full access to every article
- Online Web exclusive information
- Photo gallery
- Breaking news
- Online classified ads