January 2003

Foreign labor | International Corner

International Corner not ratednot ratednot ratednot ratednot rated

Foreign labor

by Olicia Hinojosa
Be the first to comment

Recently, NRCA has been receiving telephone calls from its contractor members regarding what they call "a new visa program for immigrant workers." The program to which they are referring is not new. In fact, the H-2 visa program, which was developed to bring workers to the United States to fill the temporary needs of employers, has been in existence since the 1950s. The program was split into two categories in the 1960s—H-2A for temporary agricultural workers and H-2B for temporary nonagricultural workers, such as roofing workers.

The following information answers questions about the H-2B program.

Visa classification

The H-2B visa classification gives U.S. employers the opportunity to hire nonimmigrants to perform temporary nonagricultural work in the United States. The work must be validated as one-time, seasonal,...

To read the article in its entirety, please log in or register (registration is free).

Log in or register for FREE access to this article and other Professional Roofing online content.

Not a professionalroofing.net user?

Register now for free access
  • Full access to every article
  • Online Web exclusive information
  • Photo gallery
  • Breaking news
  • Online classified ads

Already a professionalroofing.net user?

Log in now

User name:



Login help
Click here to have your user name and password emailed to you.

Comments (0) Login to post a comment or rating
There are no comments posted.