Green Roofs for Healthy Cities (GRHC) held its trade show, CitiesAlive: 8th Annual Green Roof and Wall Conference, Nov. 30-Dec. 3, 2010, in Vancouver, British Columbia. On Dec. 2, 2010, GRHC presented its 2010 Green Roof and Wall Awards of Excellence, which recognize distinction in green roof and green wall design.
The Green RoofSpecial Recognition award was presented to The Kestrel Design Group Inc., Minneapolis, and Sika Sarnafil Inc., Canton, Mass., for the Target Center in Minneapolis.
Other winners included:
- Green Walls: Diamond and Schmitt Architects, Toronto, for Camilla and Peter Dalglish Atrium, Royal Botanical Gardens, Burlington, Ontario
- Green RoofIntensive Industrial/Commercial: FXFOWLE Architects, New York, for 250 Hudson Street, New York
- Green RoofExtensive Institutional: PWL Partnership Landscape Architects Inc., Vancouver, for Vancouver Convention Centre Expansion Project
- Green RoofExtensive Residential: McGlashan Architecture, Berkeley, Calif., for Mill Valley Hillside, Mill Valley, Calif.
- Green RoofIntensive Institutional: Conservation Design Forum, Elmhurst, Ill., for American Society of Landscape Architects Headquarters Green Roof, Washington, D.C.
- Green RoofIntensive Residential: GGLO LLC, Seattle, for ASA Flats + Lofts, Portland, Ore.
- Green RoofExtensive Industrial/Commercial: Scott Torrance Landscape Architect Inc., Toronto, for ESRI Canada, Toronto